Friday, March 26, 2010

Encouraging Words

The following is a letter recently received from a former client at the Mission:

Dear Rev. Sherrard,
Hello! This is (name withheld). I was a resident at the Mission in the late 1990s. I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how much I have always appreciated the opportunity (and the memories) that you gave me, through God. The time I've spent at the Mission will always be treasured as a vital turning point in my life. Even after the Mission, I had a few bumps in the road, but have recovered.
I am blessed to have a career as a 911 Critical Care Paramedic where I work for a very progressive company, XXXXXX EMS in Citrus County Florida. I am known for being able to "get along" with just about anyone from every walk of life. God made it possible for me to spend a part of my life at the Mission for many reasons, I cannot name them all, but I know that I wouldn't be as empathetic to some of the troubled brothers and sisters that I come into contact with every day if I did not experience life at the Mission. Again, thank you and God Bless.
(Name withheld) 
PS: Remember when you were going to kick me out for losing my temper and cutting my arms on the upstairs glass? I sure am glad God spoke to you that Day!!
How encouraging it is to hear from someone who came through the Mission, "made it," and is still on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment