Saturday, January 2, 2010

Brutal Cold

My computer tells me that the temperature at the National Weather Service office is 17 degrees F, and with the wind chill it feels like 1 degree F. This morning, my wife and I were driving near an area where homeless people have been known to encamp. Surely, I thought, the area would be vacant. To my surprise (though I am not really surprised), there were snow covered tents announcing that people were still camping there.

I know that no unsheltered people will read this blog, but I have been reminded lately that there are many people in the community who are unaware of the Help Hotline number and the services it provides. The more who know, the more that the good word can be spread. This is brutal weather to be unsheltered. There is a warm place to sleep tonight and it is as close as dialing 211.

No comments:

Post a Comment